Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lights Will Guide You Home

 Last night I got to experience one of my favorite things in the world: seeing Coldplay live. I just can't speak highly enough of their shows, if you leave and don't feel like you got your money's worth, then you probably were at the wrong concert. 

We were handed these after clearing security scanning in. We all got different colors and were only told, "It's part of the show." Kendall got nervous that we they were supposed to go somewhere beside your wrist and we all looked like idiots with them in the wrong spot. (They were supposed to go on your wrist, by the way.) Dad deduced that there was a battery inside of the plastic shell. Meanwhile, I flipped the thing over and found a website, which I promptly looked up and spoiled the fun of the show.


 Huge thank you to Daddy who scored us the most perfect seats we could have asked for, except maybe for the first five rows on the floor. But we couldn't have jumped around that much, so these were perfect!

And here's when we figured out what the wristbands really did. I wish I had a picture that did it justice. Imagine everyone having their phones out, in perfect unison, and all different glowing colors.

 They weren't glow in the dark wristbands, they were battery/radio operated to be in sync with the show. So they didn't just glow the entire time, mostly during songs from the Mylo Xyloto album.

 Maybe a better idea of what it looked like. The concert was sold out, and people even had seats behind the stage.

You can count on Coldplay bringing out fun things during the show. Butterfly confetti included.

 And whatever this is. But they were placed throughout the arena during Paradise.

 And what would a Coldplay concert be without an acoustic set placed on the opposite end of the arena? (This was another point at which section 115 had to sit down because we were tired and the songs were slow. Kendall and I were surprised at how many families were there, but it was nice having normal people sitting around us.)



It was a wonderful evening and I was so glad we were able to go to Atlanta for the show! I was a little disappointed Rihanna didn't make a special appearance to sing in Princess of China and I didn't see Gwyneth, Beyonce, or Jay-Z out in the audience, but hey, those just would have been major perks.

1 comment: