Friday, July 27, 2012

Winnie (China Part 5)

Here's where I run into a problem on these posts.

Some of the days run together. Not just that, but Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all had similar schedules.

Hindsight: I should have been a lot more disciplined in journaling. Scribbling out a few sentences was the best I could do.

Regardless, instead of showing you each of those days individually, I want to give you a greater grasp of the whole picture.

What better way than to share with you each of my precious kiddos?

Since she was first off the bus and always the first one ready to go, I'll start with Winnie.

To put it simply, this child has captured my heart.


Look at that sass.



Winnie is always full of laughter and smiles.


And she has quite a precious singing voice.


 She captured the hearts of everyone at camp. She and Jenna had a special bond, too. I loved watching Winnie try to mimmic Jenna's facial expressions.


Winnie also loved craft time.

Winnie's portrait of the two of us and then her picture of me. Please notice how big my feet are in both of those. Good eye, kid.

 She was quite the concentrated artist.

 Those sweet, excited squeals made my heart melt.

 What a girly girl. The hair. The makeup. The jewelry. Totes rocking it.

 Sweet little giggles.

 Snuggling at bedtime.

 And she is quite the voracious eater.

I love this child so very much. She blessed my time at camp tremendously. She was so funny in her encouragement to Juju trying to entice her to hurry along to mealtime because she was hungry. 

She had a mind of her own, and when it was time to do something, she would scoot herself along on her walker. 

When she was amused, her whole body seemed to cry out in a fit of giggles. 

She is such a sweet little cuddler, and I would just feel her melt into me when she got sleepy. 

She is smart as a whip, and frequently sung me songs and recited poetry she learned in school. She could also count to 50 in English. I'd say that's quite a feat since I could barely utter seven things in Mandarin by the time I got home. (I counted. 7 was generous.) She also frequently said, "Thank you" in English accompanied by a huge smile.

When she got weary, I would carry her. What a picture. Isn't that what my Father does for me? 

Wo Ai Ni, my sweet Winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment