Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wouldn't It Be Nice

The fam jam just returned from a week at the beach. Let me tell you, I wasn't sure if we were going to make it... there were some touch-and-go moments in the car when traffic was backed up and we had yet to eat lunch. But that's okay, we're here.

We celebrated Father's Day...


This was all I could get him to muster up. Poor kid, he got nailed in the eye with a football on the beach that day. It's not a Schilling family vacation without blood, sweat, and tears.

Kyle's friend, Connor. What a character to have join us on this trip. He and Billy are kindred spirits, if you can't tell.



...and flew kites.

Billy means business when it comes to his kites.



Got some reading done...

I ended up packing more than this. And then buying more at the beach because I ran out of stuff to read. (Except that Bonhoeffer book. Still working on that one.)

...and these were the albums of choice for beach music. No rhyme or reason, it just happened.




We also had to call AAA about 5 hours after arrival because the car battery died. So, yeah. That was a fun way to start the trip off. 

I managed not to get burned. Mostly by just staying inside a lot, but also lotioning up with SPF 50 and 70. And you know what, after the first day out the fam was begging to use that 50. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Awkward sunburn from Amplify and afternoon Auburn baseball game? Yeah, just got rid of the lines from those. Pity, they were so pretty in pictures from formal.

And now the rest of the summer disappears. Thankfully there is still plenty to enjoy! Coldplay concert, East Asia, and Pi Chi duties, and playing with my favorite exec staff on the Plains all before classes begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment