I was blessed beyond measure to serve as a D-Now leader this past weekend in my home church alongside some of my nearest and dearest friends. It was a wonderful weekend and I was so encouraged to watch my sweet group of eleventh grade girls grow in understanding the movement of Christ!
I have been so challenged recently in giving of my money to glorify God beyond tithing. This weekend provided a wonderful opportunity to see where some of that is going, and I want to encourage you to pray over where God wants you to give! Here are a few of my favorite ministries and ways to contribute...
We participated in Feed My Starving Children on Friday night. What an experience it was! Total, our church and community packed enough food to feed 1,494 children for an entire year!
Read more and donate HERE.

It's okay, you can be jealous of our hairnets.
"Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor." Proverbs 22:9
Maybe you want to support some workers being called to His field. Meet Dana and Laura, two Auburn grads called to serve the Lord in Uganda. In efforts to raise funds for their trip, they are selling some super cute threads HERE. I bought mine this past week and am so excited to sport that bad boy around campus.

Um, how precious are they?
"I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24
Last, but not least, Urban Purpose is a ministry near and dear to my heart. I had the opportunity to work with them last spring break and occasional Sundays when I'm home and don't have to get back to Auburn. Started by two men in our church, this ministry is devoted to building relationships with Birmingham's homeless population and seeking to meet physical needs while actively sharing the Gospel. Read more and donate HERE.

Through these ministries, may God be glorified above all else.
No comments:
Post a Comment