Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why I Am The Way I Am

I went through some of our childhood photos this weekend trying to find the perfect one to embarrass Kendall with on her birthday.

I had to keep in mind that my birthday is just three weeks away, so it couldn't be too humiliating.

Along the way, I found some real gems of me. I was a pretty spunky child. Rather than show all of them to you, I picked out one that I thought really summarized infant Kelsey:

February 1993... aka my 2nd birthday.

No, you don't need to get your eyes checked, I am indeed holding a child-sized broom. When I questioned my mother why on earth they included a broom in my birthday gifts (because pictures of me with the other gifts just weren't as entertaining) she insisted that I really, really wanted a broom and was obsessed with sweeping our entire house, but specifically the kitchen. She found the cutest one she could, and I was apparently a very happy child. Way more pumped than I was about my Winnie the Pooh VHS tapes (that I watched until we literally wore them out) or Thomas the Tank Engine Trains (another obsession) or classic children's books.

So there you have it...

This is why I am the way I am.

And sadly there are so many more pictures that anyone could guess was me a mile away.

No comments:

Post a Comment