I love back to school shopping. Seriously, it's like a sick pleasure how much I love trips to office supply stores. I wish someone would send me a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils one day. Anyway, this year's shopping list included the usual suspects: binders, paper, felt tip pens, good ink pens, post-it notes of many colors, index cards, so on and so forth. But upon going to class for the first days, it became apparent that I was indeed missing something that I found to be of great necessity.
I said I would never wear one.
I felt like I never understood people who did.
It never dawned on me how much I was missing.
The satisfaction that comes from it is positively disgusting.
So, I caved.
I did what I said I wouldn't.
I bought...
...a wristwatch.
Not only did I buy it, I sport it every single day. And I'm a huge advocate of the previously misunderstood accessory. Even one of my roommates was coveting said watch so much, she had to go out and buy one, too. And the other roommate is going to get one as well.
I think this sudden change of heart stemmed from the fact that professors have gotten really hard on cell phones in class. Some of mine even threatened to kick students out if they even lay eyes on a phone. And apparently Auburn can't put clocks in all of the classrooms...so, desperate times call for desperate measures.
Who knew such a tiny device could bring so much unadulterated delight.
And this is the part where I apologize to all the wristwatch wearers out there, and hope that you will accept this convert into your special society.
I got one this summer, and I LOVE IT.
ReplyDeleteYou just earned a bajillion cool points in my book.
ReplyDelete