This week I had to say, "so long" to another dear friend embarking on a big summer adventure! Caroline is headed to Austria to take some classes and I'm insanely jealous!
The girl who was a nun every. single. year. in our camp skit (I'm talking 8th-12th grade, people) is going to the homeland of her sisters. (Even though the "homeland" is probably Vatican City, but we're going The Sound of Music route here.)
Naturally, we had a little going away party. Complete with nun themed presents as parting gifts.
That's a real gem, right there.
Here's to hoping you clim ev'ry mountain, ford ev'ry stream, follow ev'ry rainbow, 'till you find your dream.
P.S. I expect you to full-on imitate the opening scene where Julie Andrews runs with arms wide opening singing that the hills are alive. Or puppeteer a production of The Lonely Goatherd. It's a toss up.
You are a most clever friend, my dear. Thank you for my parting gift. I'm still in the market for some drapes to wear while I'm there so holler if you see any.
ReplyDelete