Sticking with the theme of books, I have s l o w l y been working on reading through the New York Public Library's "Books of the Century" list. It all started junior year when I passionately got back into reading good, solid literature on my own. I wanted a list to sort of "guide me" and give me a goal to accomplish. So I googled. TIME has a list, but it's only 100 books long. Newsweek has a list, but it's of all time, and, therefore, changes. Modern Library has a list, but it's actually two lists. Oprah has a list, but I don't trust her. There's a list of 1,001 books to read before you die, but I need to actually finish a list before I die. So New York Public Library's list it is. It includes 172 books published from 1900-1999 divided into twelve manageable subcategories. So far I'm a mere 23 books into it, or approximately 13% toward my goal. Don't misunderstand, I read a lot of other novels not included on the list. But I'm very much a type-A, list-making, goal-oriented person, and the satisfaction of marking off a book feels oh, so nice. My goal is to knock off at least five books from the list before fall.
Must. Stay. Strong.
Must. Not. Quit.

yes, this IS the library from "Beauty and the Beast"
What a good idea! I need some good books & haven't known where to start. Google, here I come!
ReplyDeleteHere's the greater question--have you read "What to Expect When You're Expecting?" yet? :P
ReplyDeleteNegative. There are just some things that need to be a surprise, you know?
ReplyDelete