I like to consider myself an avid crafter. Maybe not quite up to connoisseur level, but enthusiastic, no doubt. So WHY I waited so long to learn how to sew is way beyond me. My best guess is that I was afraid I would never again address my "real world" commitments (not that I have many, but school is a big one) once I let loose in the sewing world. I think that is a valid fear. I've been looking up tutorial after tutorial on the hundreds (literally, hundreds) of blogs I've bookmarked. Pump the brakes, I'm out of control. My first project may be simple, and definitely not perfect, but it is for a good cause.
One of my sorority sisters shared this website with us. Her cousin started this cute organization "I'm Sewing Hope" just to show the love of Jesus to people who really need to see it. The first project was pillowcases that went to oncology patients at Children's Hospital of Birmingham. The project that I sewed for is this precious crayon roll going to orphanages in Sub-Saharan Africa. For real, I have NEVER sewn until today. Not even a button. But I did this. So can you. Spread the word. This is a great way to tangibly show people that there is hope, one so much greater than anything in this world.
sorry the photos are janky, I used the camera on my phone because my real camera is still packed away in a suitcase somewhere
this is precious.
ReplyDeleteI haven't sewed anything other than a button since I made pajama pants in 8th grade, sooo I don't even remember how to thread a bobbin. This makes me want to learn again.
**sewn. that should say sewn. It's not even 8:00, cut me some slack.
ReplyDeleteThose pajama pants in 8th grade were epic. Kels this is adorable. Look at you sew!
ReplyDelete