Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lord of the Flies


We have company this week. Room 343 has been infested...by fruit flies.

It all started when I decided to open my window to let in some fresh air while I was studying. Little did I know I was letting in my nemesis. At first I just found one little fruit fly. He (although based on what happened next, I'm thinking it was a she) seemed harmless enough. I thought it would probably die before I even woke up the next morning.

Oh no. It was very much alive.

Then I found another.

Where there are two fruit flies, there are inevitably going to be babies. (Cue "Let's Get It On") Lots and LOTS of babies. The original fruit fly was preggers. Now we have quite the little household of fruit flies. They are incredibly obnoxious, especially while we are all trying to study. What no one can understand is how they are still alive and reproducing. We don't even have any food in our room because we're all getting ready to go home! I spent this afternoon googling ways to get rid of them. I've still got nothing.

Right now, we're just all saying a prayer that we don't return from Christmas break and our room is literally covered with the little vermin.

1 comment:

  1. holy cow. did you google or take that picture yourself??

    ReplyDelete