Monday, July 5, 2010

night, when words fade and things come alive

Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I find it ironic that it was the Chinese who invented fireworks, yet every 4th of July it's practically un-American to neglect shooting off your own explosives. And I'm not really sure that's what the Founding Fathers had that in mind either. Regardless, we had some fun times with sparklers, roman candles, bottle rockets, and small fireworks in the neighborhood tonight. Oh, and Happy Birthday, America. 234 years may be a lot, but Methuselah is still beating you by 735 years. Good luck with that.

Oh, and you're presh.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good night! I wish it were acceptable to play with fireworks on nights other than July 4 & New Years.

    ReplyDelete