I move back to school in less than two weeks. That little number begs the question: where did summer go?
1. Made the grades. There's nothing wrong with community college, but it was an experience to say the least. Biology II was a lot less stressful here, but my huge sustainability project was a thorn in my side. If my BIOL 1000 class of 300+ students had to make individual power points, we would still be sitting in the auditorium.
2. Made some money. My little summer job turned into "spend everyday you're not at school here" kind of job. That was okay, though. It gave me the opportunity to save some money for something in the future (travel, perhaps?) and put some money in my pocket for the time being.
3. Made Martha Stewart proud. Okay, that was wishful thinking. But I did make lots of crafty gifts to give to my sorority little sister. The family tree is stinking precious, as is the clipboard. I'm just glad I won't be up in the middle of the night, balancing Thoreau on one hand, and a canvas with wet paint on the other. (But who am I kidding? That's like my dream evening.)
4. Made the postmaster upset. I had lots of friends at camp this summer, so naturally I had to send them all letters. Only I like to get super creative with my letters (see No. 3), especially with my alphabet stamp sets. So I'm sure United States postal workers were not amused to have to decipher my "artwork."
5. Made the transition. I'm not an ignorant freshman anymore. I'm now an ignorant sophomore. But it has been a year since I left home for the first time on my own, and I'm still doing just fine. No major breakdowns. No truly traumatic experiences. No major lifestyle change. Yep, doing just fine.
6. Made (more) time for the Lord. I kind of went into the summer with a bad attitude about what He was going to do with me. Boy, was I wrong. He shook me, rocked me, and totally blew me away. Even sweeter...I got to share what was going on in my life with some lovely friends during all of it. They completely challenged me, encouraged me, and committed to pray for me.
7. Made some memories. In the words of Mary Elizabeth Turner, "I love that we made a ton of inside jokes just now." So thankful for precious time with precious friends during the freedom only summertime can bring.
8. Made some plans. I feel like I have some direction to my life, without having "make it or break it" plans. And I like it that way. I like not knowing exactly what the Lord has got in store for me, but that there are options that glorify Him with the abilities that I currently possess.
9. Made a dent in my reading list. Okay, it was more like a scratch. Sadly, this summer did not lend the usual abundant reading time usually present in my breaks from school. However, I did read enough to satiate my appetite for the written word. Plus, the more time devoted to reading, the less time to spend on everything else.
Preach it sister. You know what I mean.
ReplyDeletetaste and see. the olympics are in two years. we can make it.
ReplyDeleteI still think you should email Adler requesting "Oh Taste and See!"
ReplyDelete