Thursday, March 25, 2010
laissez les bon temps rouler
Tonight I made this jambalaya for Beck, MB, and C. I love love love Kraft recipes. They're always simple, always delicious, and relatively inexpensive. As much as I feel like being a professional when a recipe calls for teaspoon after teaspoon of some exotic spice, I like the freedom that Kraft recipes bring. Tonight, I was feeling like using Turkey sausage instead of regular sausage (SO much better, it is a great substitution) and then I felt like doubling the sausage because it's so good. So I did. I increased the amount of oil I needed. I cooked the rice with the chicken broth and tomatoes and THEN mixed everything else I sauteed. I didn't use a whole green pepper. I just feel like such a rule-breaker (terribly out of my character), but it's nice. I feel like I'm actually learning to cook this way. And it's kind of a metaphor for life. You don't always have to measure everything out perfectly. Sometimes you need to take a chance and mix things up a bit. Who knows? Something even greater could be the result. But then again, I learned that from making JAMBALAYA. Who knows what all I could learn from cooking a 5 or 6 course meal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment