Saturday, March 13, 2010

knock knock (who's there?) orange (orange who)...

This past Thursday, Abby and I made this citrus chicken. It was SO incredibly easy and especially delicious! We prepared long green beans, throwing in a little butter, brown sugar, and almonds for good measure, and we made sweet carrots with LOTS of brown sugar (see a pattern?). I didn't have my camera, so no picture, but it was quite the colorful meal, perfect with spring break right around the corner! Cooking is starting to become one of my favorite pastimes. We're sort of teaching ourselves, but it is all based on the eating we've done in hundreds of restaurants, so at least that's going to good use.


I'm all about finding alternate uses for everyday things (oh, how I love you, Real Simple magazine...). Besides cooking, there is a lot you can do with citrus fruits. First of all, the colors are so strong, you can place lemons, limes, whatever in a bowl and have a fresh centerpiece. Or use them in a vase for a twist on floral arrangements. I like to add slices of lime to sweet tea to give it a little special twist. Put a lemon rind in the garbage disposal with a handful of baking soda, and run for 30 seconds to get rid of the stench. The possibilities are endless...

Speaking of citrus, I'm heading to Florida for a week at the beach! I'm looking forward to a much needed break to catch up on sleep, reading, sun, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment