I like obscure holidays. When I mean obscure, I'm not talking Arbor Day, Groundhog Day, or even Lady Gaga Day, but holidays that we know are coming, but we still overlook a little bit. I mean, really, how can the Fourth of July compete with Christmas? The birth of a Savior just isn't something any other holiday can compete with... except maybe Easter. But I love to give special attention to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day. Sure, they're all man-made holidays, and not entirely obscure, but they're a little under the radar. This year, I decided to hand-make all of my Valentine's Day cards, and I couldn't have had more fun. I spent a decent amount of time milling around Hobby Lobby trying to find the perfect items that would really be the finishing touch to each card. Anyway, I have to say, I'm quite pleased with how they each turned out, but I'm already getting ideas for next year.
Inspiration for this craft: Martha Stewart Living and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
No comments:
Post a Comment