Last night Abby and I made dinner for our fearless leader, Becky. After making the most insane nachos we've ever consumed in Abby's little dorm kitchen, we decided to upgrade to a REAL kitchen, Becky's kitchen. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of Kraft recipes. They're usually so simple and are always scrumptious. We decided to make Brushetta and Chesse Stuffed Chicken with asparagus and French bread. It was heavenly. We had some extra stuffing mix, so we just covered our chicken in it, hoping that was the wisest decision. It was. The stuffing was probably the best part, right after forcing Abby to handle the raw chicken. Abby sauteed some asparagus with butter, salt, and pepper, and it was the perfect vegetable to accompany our meal. Becky had never eaten asparagus, so it was an adventurous night for us all. Since our first complete meal made at college was a success, we've decided to cook dinner EVERY Thursday night.
(Abby on the phone with her mom): I just feel like I've really accomplished something by cooking a meal.
*pause*
Abby: Yes, mom, it IS about time.
No comments:
Post a Comment