Friday, September 7, 2012

The Not-So-Colorful Color Run

We had good intentions. Promise.

The Color Run came to Birmingham on Labor Day. We made a team. We signed up. All was well.


We expected the day to turn out like this:


It kind of looked like this (minus the dementors): 


We met at 6:30am to drive out to the track. The weather was looking rather nasty, but we went ahead.

After an hour of standing in the pouring rain, we decided to call it quits. We were soaking wet, cold, and not at all well trained to run 5 kilometers in the rain. I mean, we were planning on jogging/walking it anyway.


Hey, we got our t-shirts and color packets. Maybe we'll have better luck in Atlanta in March?





Best hat there. I'm sorry we had to leave it in the parking lot.

"On a scale of 1-1990, how 90s do I look?" --Caroline Evers

2 comments:

  1. The good news: pretty sure we have at least 3 more of those hats at my house. The bad news: my tshirt and packet are still in your car (sorry!). As far as skipping the run, all I can say is I'm glad we all became grandmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you didn't go through with it- you left your house too early!! We left ours at about 745- I think it made all the difference.. a little extra sleep and a few less raindrops before we actually ran.

    ReplyDelete