Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blessings

Getting back from China and into real life has been an adjustment, to say the least. It took me over a week to get over jet lag alone. I'm pretty sure I've healed from the flu faster than that. 

One thing we talked about on the way back was how we were going to deal with life in America after leaving so much of our hearts in China. Suddenly dealing with things that were classified as "important" were now utterly ridiculous.

Perspective is so good.

Even though I would board a plane tomorrow back to Beijing, I know that right now I'm not supposed to be anywhere except right where I've been planted. While I don't always take that gracefully, the Lord has been so good in providing me with incredible opportunities and relationships for this last year in Auburn.

Meet my Pi Chi girls. I have been so excited to meet them since January. Along with 89 other girls, we trained to not only guide them through recruitment week, but also to help them in their process of transitioning to Auburn. The girls of my group were each an individual blessing and I'm so excited to watch them begin this journey!


As if I couldn't have loved my girls enough, I loved my roommates just as much. Emily and Mary Ann, you two are complete hoots and I loved getting to know your hearts this week. I couldn't have survived the week without the support of these two and Lindzi, who I never got a picture with. (Nonsense.) They encouraged and challenged me over the week and I'm pumped to keep up with them as we all go our separate ways!


The Pi Chi experience got even sweeter since I had the chance to reunite with this dear friend after she spent several weeks studying in Austria! Missed you, pal!


Once the bids were handed out and my job was done, I got to reunite with these dear friends. How I missed them so! Can't believe this is our last year before the real world hits. Or more school. Probably school.


So excited this sweet Shades girl is a baby panda! Praying that you soak up every second of it!


Number one reason why I love AOII: this fam jam. I can't believe I'm taking Dana's spot as great-grandbig, but I'm so excited to keep our legacy going through the newest little one!


After all the hype of recruitment had finally died down and I was able to get more the four consecutive hours of sleep, I boarded a transit to take this crew to Camp Chandler. IMPACT has been such a unique group to be a part of and, along with Pi Chi, one of my favorite Auburn experiences.

This year's group of Project Coordinators. They were hand-picked out of over 100 applicants, and we couldn't be more excited to work with them!


There is a reason we can't have a meeting that lasts less than an hour. This bunch has jokes.


The buddy system. It's lonely at the top, Chris.



I'm so thankful that I'm already having to stay up late to finish homework because I spend so much time with all of these people and then some. I always wish that I could major in "interpersonal communication" or "Kingdom building." I guess English Literature is close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment