Saturday, March 3, 2012

If You Can't Take the Heat...

Midterms have hit again. Thankfully, all of my work was due within a three day period rather than spread out over two weeks, so I've had a little extra down time to play in the kitchen.

Samoa Bark. Didn't turn out as well as I expected because nothing stuck together. And really, what can compete with the Girl Scout cookie?

Chocolate Reese's Chunk Cookies. Perfect for my baby sister, the chocolate lover.

Funfetti Whoopie Pies. Hindsight: I should have taken the time to sift all of the dry ingredients like the directions said so the cookies halves could have turned out smooth like they were supposed to. Sigh... I guess we can't be perfect all of the time. But the buttercream frosting was to. die. for. I had so much leftover and I seriously could have eaten it all with a spoon.

And I got this little baby in the mail this past week. Joy is seriously my favorite baker ever. Even though most of her recipes call for simple techniques, the results are extraordinary. I sat down and read this book cover to cover like I would read a novel because she is just so witty.

Have a happy week, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment