Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Crinkle Cookies

So, I left my camera cord in Auburn. Of course, I didn't realize this until after I had remember to take it a few places over break. So there will be a lack of pictures for a while, unless they were taken with my iPhone.

Anyway, there have been so many Christmas parties and cookie swaps that I've had to pull out some of my favorite recipes! This one is one of my favorite go-to cookie recipes because it is definitely different than the standard chocolate chip or sugar cookie. I only have it because it was included in my Shakespeare study guide made by our sweet GTA. (This is why I love my major.) Fair warning, these cookies are more like a cake/brownie texture, but I think that's why everyone likes them so much!

  • 1 stick butter, softened (SO important that it is soft)
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 2/3 cup flour (not necessary to sift it!)
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Bowl of powdered sugar... the more the merrier
Beat butter and sugar until lighter in color and creamy. (Trust me, don't skimp on this step. That's why the soft butter is so important!)
Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well-combined. (You want this mixture to be lighter and fluffier.)
Add dry ingredients and mix until well-combined, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so that it is all combined. (I usually add everything in slowly or else I cover the kitchen in flour.)
Use a melon baller or two spoons to make small balls of dough and drop them into the bowl of powdered sugar. Make sure you coat the whole thing in sugar! (I use a a Nordic Ware cookie dropper that I bought at Target. It is probably the greatest investment I've made in bakeware.)
Bake on a cookie sheet for 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment