I am obsessed with Lands' End new Canvas 1963 line. I've bought some great items, including my personal favorite, this tangerine and ivory knit infinity scarf. (And it's on sale now!)
But one item I really like and regret not having bought is this ribbed open crewneck in teal with chocolate brown elbow patches.
Real cute with that vest, right?
Well, I'm not such a fan of how wide that neckline is, and once I found this I had already placed my online order and didn't want to pay for shipping again. It's been in the back of my mind in case I placed another order again soon, but I finally lost all patience when I saw a cardigan with heart elbow patches on Pinterest. I figured I could use the same tried and true freezer paper tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets and make my own shirt. So I bought this plain mustard colored shirt at Target, some microsuede material from Hob Lob (at a 50% discount, might I add), and some matching thread. I already had the Heat & Bond adhesive and freezer paper at home. This project didn't even cost me $15 total and it took me maybe half an hour.
It's nothing too incredibly special, but it does add a little zip and makes me look the part of an English major. I promise it looks cuter on with my brown puffer vest-- I just don't want to embarrass myself with the self pics. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment