I learned how to applique from this cute little tutorial at Little Birdie Secrets. Naturally, I sewed an AOII tank first (I'm going to cry when I'm not t-shirt chair anymore). I jumped the gun a little bit on this one and didn't think all the way through all of the steps first or really try to master the zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine first. The lengths and curves of my letters proved to be the most difficult part, but I think doing bigger letters or shapes (or numbers, like she did) would be much easier. I also did a fairly wide stitch, which was probably a little too wide. However, I'm still pleased at how easy this project was, and especially that I can keep my freezer paper stencils to reuse if I want! I even found a website that sells plain Comfort Colors items not in bulk, so I'm about to get crazy with this freezer paper applique business!
teach me your ways? kthanks.
ReplyDelete