Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My definitely-not-obligatory-yet-still-important "what I learned summer in between sophomore and junior year" list

otherwise known as, "The Longest Title Ever" and "It's My Blog And I Can Do What I Want."

Summer was a weird time. It's strange that I've literally been in school for the past year with few breaks and I'm just going to keep on going. I guess what this is what it will be like to have a big girl job in the real world? Good thing I'm going to be a teacher. Here's what summer taught me:

1. Outback Curbside To-Go with online ordering is the best and worst thing in existence.
2. Never leave Hillary alone in the kitchen. (See this for proof.)
3. It's okay that we never went to the Helen Keller festival. It's not like she got to see it anyway.
4. The dynamics of our friend group may seem strange. But we are similar to most television casts and that is why we're so darn funny.
5. Coupons are nothing to be ashamed of. Use them with pride.
6. Always feed Dad before taking him antiquing.
7. Don't kid yourself and order a small soft-serve cone at Chick-fil-A. Go big or go home.
8. Cracker Barrel has sub-par service.
9. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.
10. Reading in accents makes any boring subject way more interesting.
11. Costco sells Nutella practically by the gallon.
12. TV Land has some seriously entertaining shows.
13. Step Aerobics can make you want to punch people in the face.
14. There's nothing wrong with staying home to fix up your thrift store finds on a Friday night.
15. I can do a master job at parallel parking if the entire football is watching me from the sidewalk.
16. Hillary can't back her car up with someone screaming at her.
17. You need to have a game plan for Chewlacla.
18. Homemade granola might be the best snack food ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment