I begrudgingly turned 20 years old yesterday.
As much as I didn’t want to face being two decades old, it was a pretty delightful day. I woke up to my favorite breakfast in the entire world— chocolate glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts and chocolate milk.
Then, I was supposed to meet sweet Cierra for a long overdue lunch at Taziki’s, but was instead greeted there with a surprise birthday lunch with not only with her, but Becky, Mary Beth, and Meagan! How precious to spend time with all of them together! Such a rare and beautiful occasion! (I wish we had thought to take picture together!)
I came home and played with my new sewing machine (thanks Mom and Dad!), fished out all of the sewing tutorials I’ve been bookmarking for ages, and finished up some homework (not most people’s idea of a happy birthday, but I relished the chance for uninterrupted time to catch up on work).
Daddy and I went to Twenty-Six for dinner before another birthday present— tickets to see Bill Cosby’s stand-up comedy show. (Sewing machine, Bill Cosby tickets… I need to multiply my age by at least 4.)
After that, I came home and crawled in the bed to watch Murder, She Wrote and fell fast asleep.
20, maybe you won’t be so bad after all.
you're pretty cute.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday. don't worry, the 20s are the best!