Sunday, February 20, 2011

fill your bucket

Midterms have hit my schedule. It was inevitable, but that still doesn't mean I'm happy about it. As important as school is, the Lord has just given me such a peace about doing the best I can and just leaving it at that. Yes, studying is important, but so is enjoying His creation and investing in relationships that have much more of an eternal value than one single test ever will.

There is a lovely little didactic children's book about "filling your bucket" which explains the effects of praise and criticism. We all have an invisible bucket over our heads filled with water; do something good, your bucket is filled a little bit more; do something not so good, some water is spilled. I like to view life the same way. Sometimes I just need to fill my own bucket, whether that's merely opening my window to let the breeze in (or blowing some bubbles in my chocolate milk) or something bigger, like encouraging a fellow believer to remain planted in the middle of God's will.

My goal is not only to end my days with a full bucket, but also to fill someone else's bucket, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment