Friday, October 1, 2010

now i lay me down to study

One of my favorite shows of all time (Pushing Daisies, too bad it was cancelled after only two seasons) best describes how I feel about hugs:

It's like an emotional Heimlich. Someone puts their arms around you and they give you a squeeze and all of your fear and anxiety come shooting out of your mouth in a big wet wad and you can breath again.




(go to 1:25)

In the midst of midterms, I find it so easy to lose sight of what's important and throw myself thoroughly and wholly into school. Yes, that's why I'm in Auburn, but I can make myself absolutely sick just dwelling on tests. So I've finally figured out some of the best ways to combat test anxiety:
1. Prayer. Giving it all to the Lord is the best way to go, but that doesn't excuse a lack of sufficiently preparing.
2. A hug. For real, I thrive on hugs. REAL hugs. Not wimpy side hugs.
3. Taking a walk. Auburn is seriously the best place on earth to take a walk. Either a brisk walk to get the blood flowing or a leisurely stroll. However, it's not usually relaxing unless with a friend.
4. Taking a drive with the windows down. I was never a believer in this until Abby showed me how it was done.
5. A cup of mint tea (sans caffeine). There's just a relaxing property to mint like nothing else.

1 comment: