Friday, September 2, 2011

My Little Nest

I wish I could have so many friends over to our house, but there are only so many hours in the day, you know? We are all slowly getting moved in, but I figured I'd show off my room a little bit even though it's still got a few more changes to go through!


The view from the door. I am a huge fan of the natural light. Except in the morning when I just want to sleep.

All of my bedding came from The Company Store. And let me tell you, it is heavenly. I dream about my bed.

My mom and I made this magnetic board. One day, I'll start doing tutorials. But mostly I just figure out things as I go. This one in particular took a lot of thought. We bought the frame as is from Hob Lob. Then we got a piece of plywood cut and painted it with about 12 coats of magnetic paint. (It's right next to the chalkboard paint in Lowe's.) Then we painted a very thin coat of that ecru paint over it. I found some little bird magnets at Moxii and went ahead and hung up postcards from sweet friends.

This bedside table was a find from Angel's we used in our living room last year. I moved it to my room and repainted and stained it from the previous green color.

I really needed some extra storage space, so I opted to go for the dresser doubling as a nightstand. My parents and I painted this to match the rest of my room and bought the knobs at Anthropologie. The suitcases to the left came from a garage sale and also work as great craft storage. (The shutter still needs to be hung on the wall, but I'm scared to do that without my dad's help.) Most of the little accessories came from At Home in Homewood (probably my favorite store ever).

I like to call this my little dressing table. It's situated right next to my bathroom in it's own little nook, and it has been so handy! My mom and I painted this for my dorm room last year, and I wouldn't dare part with it! I painted the birdcage from it's natural wood to a mocha color. I still have a watercolor illustration I painted to hang above this.

You probably can't tell from the previous photo, but these hang right next to my little dresser. I made these from drawer knobs from Lowe's and some craft wood from Hob Lob. My proudest accomplishment is that I hung them on my own. (They have two hooks on the back, so I had to get them all aligned and nailed in straight. It took a few tries.)

My mom and I found this old sewing table at Angel's and she refinished it for me this summer. The inside is completely hollow, so she glued the doors shut, but it's still such a perfect piece to house my TV. (Eventually the bubbles sitting on the floor right now will hang above it.)

Lastly, my desk. It belonged to my grandmother, but my parents and I repainted it and sprayed the hardware brushed nickel. The chair was a project from last year. My mirror still needs to be hung, but I'm waiting on dad to come help me with that, too.

There's a little peak at my home. Hopefully it will soon be full of other craft and DIY projects this semester holds!

2 comments: