Saturday, June 11, 2011

Steadfastness

If I could be one thing I am not, that would be steadfast. This word may be the defining word of the summer. I'm constantly reminded of the Lord's steadfast love, but how often do I show such love and devotion? It is my prayer for the Lord to create in me a steadfast heart, and he has showered my life with examples of such.

Today was a day full of filling my "love tank." First there was breakfast with sweet Emily Grace, whose name fits her all too perfectly. Never have I seen such a godly person with a more tender heart than hers. I appreciate her willingness to stay updated on my life, even when I don't do such a hot job keeping up with hers. Her openness to ask me real, raw, and challenging questions while sharing in my trials and triumphs is always a blessing. Plus, she always picks really good restaurants, so telling her my struggles is much more enjoyable over great food. And she has a blog that is to die for.

Sweet summertime memories of Free Friday Flicks in Homewood Park

Next there was a fro yo date with my long time friend, Ana Marie. Side by side we endured middle school days, so life always looks pretty bright when we get together. Her spirit always teems with joy so infectious I can hardly walk away from her without my sides splitting from laughter. She is such a precious reminder of where I've been and how far I have to go. We keep each other humble and we're practically the same person in so many ways. Even though we hardly see each other as much as we would like, we have an uncanny knack for picking up exactly where we left off. And the stories we tell always seem to get even more hilarious with time.

Tacky Christmas 2 years running.

Growing up is a hard business, but it is entirely more bearable with the steadfastness of people going through the same thing. Grateful for not only these two, but to the solid group I have surrounding me. How blessed am I for the Lord to let me share in these girls' lives!

1 comment: