Hillary told me my strength was in my baked goods. And I'm okay with that. I have literally been drooling over this recipe from Joy the Baker (whose food blog is to die for) for days, and today I finally tried it. Good thing it practically took all day. It was the most agonizing thing getting one step further and then having to wait thirty more minutes for the dough to rise. But it was so worth it. I mean, really really worth it. Like it came out of the oven and before it even had a chance to even think about beginning to cool, I was stuffing it in my mouth. It was awesome on its own, but if I could perfect a really thick cream cheese icing... oh, I can't even deal.
Before it went in the oven.
And after. I think it could have stood a little more butter, but this wasn't Paula Deen's recipe.
Sorry I always use the camera on my phone. One day I'll remember to use my big girl one. And I wish I had snapped a picture of the inside, but I was running out the door. Next time.
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm OBSESSED with the new template. You will have to tell me how you made this one.
ReplyDeleteBread looks good, too.