Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Life in Lists #12

Top 15 books on my reading list (that aren't required for classes). My goal is to have finished them all by next year. We shall see...
1. There Are No Children Here Alex Kotlowitz
2. The Company They Kept: Writers on Unforgettable Friendships Robert B. Silvers and Barbara Epstein
3. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings Maya Angelou
4. A Man Called Intrepid William Stevenson
5. 1984 George Orwell
6. Things Fall Apart Chinua Achebe
7. Brave New World Aldous Huxley
8. Jayber Crowe Wendell Barry
9. The Art of Racing in the Rain Garth Stein
10. The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Society Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
11. The Help Kathryn Stockett
12. Emma Jane Austen
13. My Uncle Oswald Roald Dahl
14. The Importance of Being Earnest Oscar Wilde
15. The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan James C. Humes
Also, does making this list count as a goal for 2011? I feel an immense amount of pressure to make goals, but I don't have any except my goal to make goals for 2012. Does the word goal sound weird now?

No comments:

Post a Comment